This interview with Eileen Grubba on disability inclusion was so much fun and I believe one of the most impactful interviews I have ever done.
With all the changes happening in the world today, I believe 2020 gives us a unique opportunity to breakdown all the barriers, blockades, and hurdles that have prevented equal opportunity and equity for all and create a more inclusive world.
Two of my favorite quotes from Eileen are:
“We are turning the tides in this industry. I believe we all have to keep striving to break the “rules” in Entertainment, to better reflect humanity.”
“If you want me to accept you as you are, then you have to accept me as I am. Exactly as I am. That sounds fair, doesn’t it?”
In this interview, Eileen shares with us powerful stories in:
- the true power, strength and resilience in what others may perceive as a “weaker” body
- how she created her own version of dream/vision boards as a young girl who was unable to go out and play with the other kids
- how she was able to speak her truth, not compromise her values, and be able to achieve stardom despite the odds, AND not playing by the sexist “rules”
- her failproof way of overcoming rejection and cruelty
- her secret to being able to step into a role of any character
- how she transforms pain into power
I hope you enjoy this interview as much as I did. Eileen is an amazing human and I am so grateful for our time together.
To all your dreams coming true,